Interview with Hadlee Coker
Meet Hadlee! A 21 year old attending Messiah College in Central Pennsylvania majoring in Human Development and Psychology. Hadlee and I grew up playing soccer and running track together. On top of being an athlete, artistic, brilliant, and one of the kindest people I know, she also has amazing style. I’ve always admired her sense of fashion.
Describe your style in 3 words.
– Polished, modern, and effortless
Where do you like to shop?
– I have a pretty eclectic style, so I shop in a variety of places. I love places like Anthropology, Madewell, LuLu’s, and Gap. But I also love getting staple pieces like classic t shirts, jackets and everyday clothes from places like Forever 21, and TJMaxx.
What is your favorite article of clothing?
– My favorite article of clothing is probably a good pair of fitted jeans. You can wear them with anything.
What is your favorite fall trend right now?
– My favorite fall trend right now is Bomber Jackets. They are versatile and pretty edgy.
What is something that is currently on your wish list?
– Something on my wish list would be a good pair of suede booties. I can never have enough fall booties. I love shoes☺️
Who’s style inspires you most? And do you have any icons that you are inspired by?
– I have always admired Lauren Conrad’s style. She is so classy, elegant and feminine. I also love Gigi Hadid’s style because she’s a little more daring and fashion forward.
What does it mean to you to be able to express yourself through your style?
– I think someone’s style reflects a lot about the person. Therefore I try to present myself in a way that is sophisticated and confident. I want to dress in a way that reflects who I am.
How has self expression shaped you into the person you are today?
– Self expression through style has helped me distinguish myself among others. It is fun to be able to express myself with my individual style. However, as much as I love style and clothes, I think the most important element of someone’s style is confidence. It’s important to be confident in who you are, and allow your inner beauty to shine through no matter what you’re wearing.
A huge thank you to Hadlee for allowing me to interview her!